Ana içeriğe atla

First Week in Belgium, de Hoge Rielen

Hello everyone,

Ik ben Meltem. I am from İstanbul, Turkey. I came on 6th March and after arrived in Brussel Airport, I started to learn the life in Belgium. I took my train ticket and started to wait in peron. When the train came, guess what happened? I miss it :D Suddenly everybody started to run, and take the train in hurry, during this time I was trying to understand what is  happening, because the train number was also different, so I thought that it was not mine but actually it was mine :) so I asked for help in train station who is NMBS staff, and he helped me and showed which train can I take, thanks to him a lot. In this experince I saw the Belgian people are so helpful and friendly.

After arrived in DHR, I feel the peace in my heart. Here is so peaceful, beautiful and I said to myself , thanks God I am in this project and place.

A warm coffee from my window
My second day started with bike. I even couldn't sit the bike, then they changed it with smallar one which is for children:D I was 15 years old when I ride a bike at last time. After 15 years, this was the my first riding. I got used to ride in DHR a few days later, but when I went to main road by myself in first time, guess what happened again? I fell down :D It was painful but also funny, because I was in the straight way and there was no reason to fall but I was the reason I think :) In Turkey generally people don't ride bike, because of the ways, drivers and insufficient laws. So I had a habit about being careful to cars and when I ride, I felt the car behind me and I got panic and fell down. My handlebar was not straight after dropping and I couldn't fix it. I walked with bike all the way back. During walking I felt a bit silly but then when I think objective, this is very normal. This is the difference about  habits, culture and daily life in countries. So now I am okey and I am a bit stubborn person, I believe I will do it ! :)

my little lovely bike :)
When my days were passing with lots of experience(digging poles, carrying woods, cleaning the floor, knotting ropes) and lovely friendships(Kertu, Lenka, Luca, Maria, Matteo),  the goverment took a decision for Corona Virus and we closed DHR. We have a huge garden just for us now :) I hope everything gets better until 3th April and all world take a deep breath...

Yorumlar