Ana içeriğe atla

Living the life behind Covid-19

Hello everyone,

Today is 1 July and we started to work again a week ago fully, so I wanted to share how was it until this time. In my previous post as I said; 1 week later after I came here, lockdown started. From that moment I resisted with the sitution. First weeks I was okey, I had just came to new country, meet some new people and exploring around, so lockdown didn't effect me so much in March. But during the time, I sometimes needed motivation and difference in life, and there were nobody to make this. We are foreign, had no close friends and family member during this disease. Thinking about them, feeling lonely sometimes, couldn't see new places, not able to meet new people, not able to do some work or project so much etc. was really hard sometimes. So I always motivated myself and tried to give positive energy for myself and who I talked people both from Turkey and here. We were small family here from April with four of us. We all have different life experinces, expectations and characters. We weren't friend before, so during the time we also tryed to manage our relationships. It was really hard sometimes but thanks to my mentor Kristel, every 10 days I visit her, and I can write when I want, she welcomes me always, thanks to her for her friendship <3

In these months, DHR was silence and just for us. Being here is really nice, this was our luck in lockdown. I made a project with flowers, I didn't know about them before but now when I walking, I can recognize them. This was very educative for me :)

From end of May I felt my motivation and resistence getting down. It is probably about being tired as a mentally, fighting the situtation, and getting use to some changings in project. 

Until this time we couldn't do what we expected but I did some another works here;

1) Keep clean the domain




  















2) Made a flower project

Here you can find the post about this :)

3) Tour the domain everyday for the fire risk

4) Sign the oak tees for caterpillar nest

This was the interesting and a new information for me. If you touch the nest, your skin gives a reaction, and these caterpillars are just on the oak trees. So we gave a sign them and a company will clean.


5) Studying Dutch

I am learning but I need practice, during that lockdown days I couldn't, but I think I can do after this time, because collegues are back and guests will come :)

6) Planted tomato, mint


7) Bee experiment :)





8) Sharing posts

We have Facebook and Instagram pages, sometimes we share posts.

9) Training in Klimbos

Last week everyday we were in Klimbos. It was amazing. Here there is a climbing parcure. I have never tried this kind of activity before, so it was really frightening, exciting, hard for me. We got a training to be a rescuer. I like rappel(abseiling) and zipline. For some reasons I will be not rescuer but I will be assistant :) 

you can see how much I forced myself :D

9) Exploring around

I visited some of the places(Lier, Antwerp, Turnhout, Herentals, Lille) with bike and train. I will share a post about it later ;)

10) Taking care of the new planted trees when the week is sunny and dry :)

I hope after this time everything will be better and better, I am looking forward to meet new people, see new places, have new experiences :)

Meltem🌺





Yorumlar